Procedimientos de evaluación en Bioquímica y Biología Molecular

  1. Francisco David Rodríguez García 1
  2. Juana Gutiérrez de Diego 1
  1. 1 Universidad de Salamanca

    Universidad de Salamanca

    Salamanca, España


Segundas jornadas de innovación docente en la Universidad de Salamanca
  1. María Dolores Pereira Gómez (coord.)
  2. Juan Antonio Rodríguez Sánchez (coord.)
  3. José Luis de las Heras Santos (coord.)

Publisher: Universidad de Salamanca

ISBN: 978-84-695-8722-5

Year of publication: 2013

Pages: 329-335

Congress: Jornadas de Innovación Docente en la Universidad de Salamanca (2. 2013. Salamanca)

Type: Conference paper


A method of ongoing evaluation, representing 40% of the final score of the student, was applied during the academic years 2010-11 and 2011-12 to Biochemistry and Molecular Biology students in the Faculty of Chemistry. The remaining 60% was obtained through a final written exam that included a multiple choice test. The assessment of the continuous evaluation was performed with cooperative activities that stimulated motivation in both students and teachers, and highlighted the need of long-term learning and the reinforcement of individual and collective compromise. The evaluation methods applied to the cooperative activities (Aronson puzzles, Open debate over a monographic theme, design of a poster and seminars about biochemical questions) clearly showed reasonable accomplishment of the established learning goals and lead to a considerable motivation for Biochemistry. Of the total students officially registered (70), 74% successfully accomplished all the activities programmed; 13% did not show; another 13% showed irregular performance. The internal consistency of the multiple choice test, the number of answers in the item, the correction of randomness, and the individual profile of the answers, were assessed. The study was performed from the data provided by the test correction service (CPD, Centro de Proceso de Datos) of the University of Salamanca. Both, qualitative and quantitative analysis of the multiple choice test was very useful to identify errors related to design, writing and management of items. The design and writing of an item requires careful application of sound and logical rules. Financial support: Vicerrectorado de Política Académica (ID 10/008).